She's aware of our blog and thinks it's a neat idea. Having that said, she has sent along her own picks for gold stars. Yes she is completely spoiled rotten and here are her winners:
A big gold star to the Five Bean Salad for going to visit her this weekend, complete with pics from the kids. We've had a lot of good talks about that.
Also, a gold star to Blake and Blaine for going to see her and bringing her Girl Scout cookies while I was out of pocket on Monday. She said they were very sweet and didn't fight or anything!
Nita Jean gets a gold star for sending her another package with bloggy looking pictures of Wendy's and Nicole's kids/blogs. I didn't get a good look at all of it yet but Aunt Lou has read it through and through more than once.
Only HALF a gold star for Jimmy for bringing her a table for her room...but then forgetting the nuts and bolts to put it together. See? I told you she was spoiled!
She went to physical therapy today and we took silly pictures for y'all in there. You can see how much she's suffering with her vanilla shake from Sonic making faces at the camera! The peg board exercise looks pretty silly but they make it difficult by strapping weights around her wrists. She has to fill the board with the pegs and then take them all out again.
On the calendar you can see Aunt Lou's bingo. That was really fun! Blake did the calling because you all know how much he loves to announce things. It was right up his alley! And he said I could be Vannah White and pass out cards and prizes since I was the "skirt".
We introduced ourselves in bingo and pointed her out as our aunt. Then at the end of the game, I pointed her out again and announced that she said she hadn't met a single person since she arrived. Well now she's met a bunch of people. We even found her a lively table to sit with at meals and she's having a grand time. She is quite the celebrity with the staff and the residents!
We talked today about having a party for her birthday. She said she was too old to have birthday parties. I told her that a bunch of us wanted to have a party this year because she nearly croaked while she was in the hospital. She said she didn't remember that part of her stay. I informed her that we all DID remember it, it was scary and we want to celebrate the fact that she DIDN'T croak.
Although she said that she's not dying now after all unless she just drops dead, she's glad to have the party and tenatively wants BBQ. Her birthday falls on a Sunday this year, it's 6 1/2 weeks away so she, her therapist and I made a goal of getting her strong enough to be able to handle the party situation by then. We'll have to keep you posted on that front. No, of course I haven't asked Jimmy yet. Jimmy is it okay?
She has requested that y'all send her mail. Cards and stuff. She loves getting mail. I told her it wouldn't kill her to send out some of her own.
She's eating all the time, cleaning her plate at every meal and snacking in between times on all sorts of things. She's staying at 133lbs and is feeling great.
I'm so glad the doc appointment is over! She is very busy with a book Jimmy brought her that she just can't put down, tomorrow is bingo and Friday is her hair appointment and we sail again unscathed through another week of recovery here in the sticks!
Love to all,
Ann-Marie
2 comments:
I agree, she is in GREAT spirits, I talked to her for about 20min tonight. She just yakked my ear off, haha. She was trilled to here that her foot was still doing good and said she liked the book that Maria brought her. She said she has to finish the book before she can get back to the baby blankets. I thought that was funny. She had me cracking up and smiling all the way home from a long day!
~Hilari
I was super excited to see pics of Aunt Lou! Especially pics of her being silly. :-) Glad to hear her Dr. appt. went well.
Post a Comment