Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Woo-Hoo, Aunt Lou!

Aunt Lou called this afternoon and a reporter from the paper has already been out to interview her and Etta Mae. They were both so excited! They sent along the pictures of them together 64 years ago and the reporter said she'd scan them in and bring them back. Aunt Lou said that she looked like that would be okay. I told her that it was just fine because we know where to find her and the pictures. She said she figured that. Whadda you know, real celebrities! The paper comes out on Wednesday and Saturday. As soon as we see their story, we'll get copies for all of you. We're hoping that it'll be there on Saturday. Aunt Lou said that the whole nursing home is just a buzzing about their story and everyone is so excited. We are, too. A double big gold star for Sonja for coming up with the idea and another gold star for Blake who had the connection and got it in the paper so quickly. Aunt Lou and Etta Mae are having so much fun!

Ann-Marie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for Aunt Lou finding a friend from her past & enjoying memories with her. What a blessing for our family that we all work & play together which brings us closer. We need to cherish each other & love even more as time goes by.
Nita

Anonymous said...

Hello! My name is Courtney Eason and I am the reporter that interviewed Aunt Lou. I am trying to verify the correct spelling of her last name. I received two different versions. Also, I am trying to obtain a current photo of Aunt Lou. I'm running on a tight schedule. My deadline is first thing in the morning to get this story in Saturday's paper. If anyone is available, please call the Hood County News and ask for me. 817-573-1177. My extension is 254 if after hours. My e-mail address in cm.eason@hcnews.com
Thanks! Lou and Etta were great!