Monday, February 9, 2009

A Visit With the Beans


The Bean’s went up for a visit and on our way back home we stopped by to visit with Aunt Lou. Grant had made her a “Happy Book” in his Social Studies class using clippings from magazines. He really enjoys crafting … hum, wonder where he gets that from?! All three boys colored her a picture. Asa said he used lots of colors to cheer her up. They are so sweet.

She looked great and really seemed to enjoy the visit with everyone. Zane was all over the place so Boomer took him and Asa back to the van early. Grant and I stayed behind to visit a little longer. Grant talked to her for quite a while. She listened so intently and I enjoyed watching the two of them together. As I sat there looking at her I saw the young woman I remember from when I was Grant’s age. So vibrant and joyful, bright and beautiful.

Before we left, she had to show Grant her Valentine dog. We all enjoyed her toy and got a good laugh for the road. I don’t remember who she said got her that, but it’s perfect for her!

Love,
Sonja, Boomer, Grant, Asa and Zane

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I think my parents got that for her.

Anonymous said...

I printed the pic of Aunt Lou and the kids to put up in her room. She's been looking for something new to put under her butterfly magnets in her room and she'll love it!

Ann-Marie